If you do not already have Linux installed on your computer, you can either install it along-side your other operating system (dual-boot), or you can run Linux inside a virtual machine.
- Download Virtual Box for your system.
- Get and unzip the Ubuntu Linux image that already contains the CMurfs and Naoqi software from the Crayfish server: http://crayfish.coral.cs.cmu.edu/CMRoboBits2011/Ubuntu-VBox.zip
- Start the virtual machine by opening Ubuntu 11.04.vbox
- The username is ubuntu and the password is cmrobobits
- In the lower-right corner of the Virtual Box window, right click (click on Macs) on the icon that looks like two computers and select Network Adapters. Change to the Adapter 2 tab and set Name to your wired ethernet adapter. Click OK.
- In the virtual machine, open a terminal and type:
cd CMRoboBits git remote set-url origin ssh://email@example.com/repo/CMRoboBits
where user is your username