- Make sure you have a subversion client. TortoiseSVN for windows: http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads.html or on (K)ubuntu, "sudo apt-get install subversion"
- Install ROS (for Linux robot code):
- Checkout a local copy from the SVN repository:
svn co svn+ssh://neontetra.coral.cs.cmu.edu/svn/branches/cmrobobits2011-branch cobot
- Add these two lines to your .bashrc
source /opt/ros/diamondback/setup.bash export ROS_PACKAGE_PATH=~/cobot:$ROS_PACKAGE_PATH
- Set the ROS path using the script SetPath in the cobot/cobot_linux directory (You'll need to reload bashrc using `source ~/.bashrc' after this)
- Execute the `InstallPackages' script in cobot/cobot_linux to install required Ubuntu packages
- To generate the ROS cobot message and service definitions, in cobot_linux run:
- To compile the main source code, in cobot_linux run:
- Copy "robot.txt.example" to "robot.txt" and modify it to reflect the particular robot's capabilities.